Formerly known as “Summerville”, the center section of Historic Strawberry Mansion was built in the Federal style around 1790 by renowned lawyer Judge William Lewis, who drafted the first law abolishing slavery in the United States.

The mansion’s second owner, Judge Joseph Hemphill, added the Greek Revival wings during the 1830s. The house features period furnishings, an important doll collection, antique toys, and other early American artifacts.