History of Cedar Grove
Originally located in the Frankford section of Philadelphia, Cedar Grove was moved to Fairmount Park in 1926-28.
Built by wealthy widow Elizabeth Coates Paschall in 1748-50, the house became the summer residence for five generations of her family.
Featuring an unusual two-sided wall of closets and many of the original family furnishings, Cedar Grove depicts life as it might have been in the early 1800s.
@ Cedar Grove
Sounds of the Season
Play on Philly! Brass featuring: Trumpets: Caleb Harris, Ethan Redenburg, Christ-Alfred Yankson, Khalil WalkerTrombone: Parris Caldwell-Cain, Katora Mera, Saul Nunez, Andre Robinson, Sylvia Valentin French Horn: Nasir Rendenburg, Ryesha Thompson10:00amPlay on Philly! Winds featuring: Clarinet: Zakyya Mcclenny, Kanajah Owens Flute: Dior Muhammad, Liya Yalew, Fikir Worku, Tewabch Worku, Lenni Zeigler-Hill Oboe:Jazmyn Green Bassoon: Devyn Haughton Trombone: Ariel Hudson11:30am-12:30pm AMLA/Esperanza students2:00pm-3:00pm St Martin in the Fields Treble Choir3:00-4:00pm
John "Sax" Williams10:30am-12:30pm Little Big Sister2:00pm-3:30pm
Flavors of the season
Original XIII CiderworksHard cider sampling all day
Holiday card make and take activity!